ReadFulfillmentOrderDetail WebService Fails with "Fault Response" When 'StrFordCust' Is Not Provided
(Doc ID 2148101.1)
Last updated on MAY 09, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1 to 15.0 [Release 14.1 to 15.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, we find that when creating a customer fulfillment order, customer details are optional. However, if the same customer order is retrieved using the SIM generated internal ID, the operation fails with "server fault response" error.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create a customer order using the webservice operation StoreFulfillmentOrderService.createFulfillmentOrderDetail and submit it. The creation should be successful.
2. Query SIM to retrieve the internal fulfillment order ID using the service operation StoreFulfillmentOrderService.lookupFulfillmentOrderHeaders and passing the "customer_order_id" and "fulfillment_order_id" used in step #1.
3. Query SIM to get all the fulfillment order details using the service operation StoreFulfillmentOrderService.readFulfillmentOrderDetail passing the "int_fulfillment_order_id" received from step #2.
4. Find that the webservice fails with the error "server fault response".
1. The customerOrder does not contain any "customer" details as they are not mandatory
2. Note the documentation shows the "StrFordCust" as optional element: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E12461_01/141/rib_integration_guide/ApiMappingReports/sim/StrFordDesc.html
3. Also, createFulfillmentOrderDetail does not require the customer details to be sent
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!