Incorrect Markup Percentage Displayed On Item Retail Window
Last updated on JUNE 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2 to 13.2.9 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Item Retail window, markup percentage is displayed different for the same item retail price,
Steps To Recreate:
- Department configured in RMS with RETAIL markup .
- Department configured in RPM with COST markup.
- Item cost set for the item as 40 USD.
- Open Item Maintenance screen shows item with cost of 40 USD, retail of 56 USD, and 40% markup. (56 - 40) / 40 = 0.40 = 40%. Item maintenance screen is using the COST markup, hence the RPM definitions. It seems correct to me.
- Open Item Retail screen for the first time. It shows retail price of 56 USD, with markup of 28.57%. (56 - 40) / 56 = 0.2857 = 28.57%. The screen is using the RETAIL markup, hence the RMS definition. It seems wrong to me, it should use RPM, and show the markup as 40%.
- In the Item Retail screen change the unit retail of the item to 60 USD.
- Markup is now shown as 50%. (60 - 40) / 40 = 0.50 = 50%. Calculation is now using the COST markup, hence the RPM definition. It seems correct to me.
- In the Item Retail screen change the unit retail back to the original value, 56 USD. Markup is now shown as 40%, using the COST markup, as defined in RPM.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms