Transfer Quantity in RMS Is Getting Doubled for RTW/RTV
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 05, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Transfer quantity in Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) is getting doubled for Return to Warehouse (RTW) / Return to Vendor (RTV).
In some cases when an RTW is created in Oracle Store Inventory Management (SIM) and published to Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS), the transfer is created in RMS with double the transfer quantity requested in SIM. As a result, additional units are reserved in ITEM_LOC_SOH table.
When a RTW is dispatched in SIM, two messages: SOStatus and ASNout are published.
The problem occurs only when RMS consumes the ASNOut message first. When the SOStatus is consumed first, the transfer gets created in RMS with the correct quantity.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to RMS. Check ITEM_LOC_SOH quantities: STOCK_ON_HAND = 7, TSF_RESERVED_QTY = 0. Bring down all subscribing adapters in RMS.
2. Log in to SIM and create a RTW for 2 units and dispatch it without leaving the RTW screen. RTW status will move to Dispatched.
3. Start ASNOut Adapter first and then SOStatus adapter.
4. Log in to RMS and check the transfer quantity created there.
5. Note that the transfer is created with double the quantity requested in SIM: TSF_QTY=4 (should be 2). Check also ITEM_LOC_SOH table that there is TSF_RESERVED_QTY = 2 (should be 0)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms