APAYRA Errors Out with Open Tender Control which is Required for Auto Payment Cancellation
Last updated on JULY 24, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Revenue Management and Billing - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On ORMB version 126.96.36.199 against FW 188.8.131.52, Payment Event:
There is currently an error in Production that occurs when the APAYRA batch process is run. There are few Auto Payments that have received a negative acknowledgement from the bank.
Ideally, once the APAYRA runs to process a rejected payment:
1. Payment is distributed and frozen.
2. System searches for a Tender Control for the Payment.
3. Payment is cancelled with a cancellation reason.
The error happens in the Auto Pay Cancellation Algorithm when auto pay rejection scenario is processed.
It seems the problem happens when the algorithm tries to look for a Tender Control. It uses the Payment Event base page service to retrieve a Tender Control. This is the same base page service that is called when you populate the Payor Account ID in the Tenders tab in the Payment Event page. This service probably tries to look for an open tender control for the user. When a Tender Control is not found, the algorithm throws an error "Tender Control is Required."
However, the incomplete payment already had a Tender Control Id associated with the Tender (Probably stamped by BALAPY). APAYRA does not use this Tender Control ID that was stamped by the BALAPY and instead looks for a new Tender Control.
There should not be a need to create a Tender Control manually to be used by the APAYRA. Also, the program is looking for an Online Cashiering type of Tender Control. However, the Payments are of type Auto Pay (Tender Source) and needs to be tied to a Deposit /Tender Control of type Auto Pay.
The CANC acknowledgement should systematically Freeze and Cancel the Payment with the Tender Control that was stamped by BALAPY.
The replication steps are basically as follow:
1. Bank response includes rejected auto payments that needs to be frozen and cancelled accordingly.
2. The pending Payment Events corresponding to these rejected auto payments already have a ACH Type Tender Control ID.
3. The user executing the batch does not have an open Tender Control (specifically of type "Online Cashiering").
4. Under these conditions, when APAYRA is executed, the job errors out with the given error since the program is not using the stamped Tender Control on Payment Events but instead it looks for an Online Cashiering type Tender Control, which is open for the batch user at the time of execution.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this every time there is a cancellation acknowledgement from the bank, APAYRA will end up in error. The auto payments that are rejected by the bank cannot be cancelled successfully on the live production environment, causing crucial inconsistency in payments. This issue is disrupting this flow since the only workaround requires Production admins to manually modify on the rejected auto payments on the Production Environment, which is not acceptable for business continuity.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms