Error: "Could Not Bind to Object LDAP (80072020)" When Logging in to P6 Professional
Last updated on JULY 06, 2016
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 8.1 2.0 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 8.1 2.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to login to P6 Professional, the following error occurs.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Launch the P6 Administration Application.
- Click the Authentication tab at the top.
- Expand <current configuration> \ LDAP Connection Settings.
- Triple-click the service account Password and change it to reflect the new password.
- Right-click LDAP Connection Settings and choose "Test Connection" from the pop-up menu to verify a successful connection to the LDAP server.
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart the P6 Managed Server.
- Start P6 Professional and login.
- Error is displayed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms