How to Repair a Database in 'Suspect' Status in SQL Server Express
(Doc ID 2153110.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 22, 2020
Applies to:Primavera Contractor - Version 6.1 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 6.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to log in to Primavera Contractor or P6 Standalone, one or more of the following errors occur:
- Unable to connect to the database. Would you like to configure the database connection now?
- Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: Login failed for user 'pubuser'. Cannot open database 'PCONDB' requested by the login. The login failed. Warning: Fatal error 3414 occurred at <date/time>. Note the error and time, and contact your system administrator. The log scan number [#] passed to log scan in database 'PCONDB' is not valid.
- The database in the SQL Server Express Management Studio is marked as "Suspect".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Launch P6 or Contractor and log in; error 1 occurs.
- Select Yes, step through the Wizard; error 2 occurs at end of process.
- Launch SQL Server Management Studio; error 3 occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!