After Cycle Count, Container With WIP Code Has Been Moved to the Wrong Location
Last updated on MARCH 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 13.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System (RWMS), after cycle counting, a container with Work In Progress (WIP) status code has been moved to the wrong location.
Steps to Recreate:
- Manually mark two locations (for example, 'LOCATION1' and 'LOCATION2') for cycle count.
- Ensure 'LOCATION1' has container 'CNT1' and assign a WIP code to the same. Ensure that 'LOCATION2' is empty (in real time the user does not know it is empty).
- Now cycle count location 'LOCATION1'. Confirm the quantity present. The system prompts you to move to next location (in this case 'LOCATION2').
- Cycle count the 'LOCATION2' and confirm it as empty.
- Query 'LOCATION2' for inventory in RWMS GUI. You will see that the container 'CNT1' is in 'LOCATION2', when it is supposed to be in 'LOCATION1'.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms