Last updated on JULY 29, 2016
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While comparing two large projects using schedule comparison (from within Visualizer), the following error occurs:
One or more project doesn't exist. Data for these projects will not be displayed'
Following context is written to the Visualizer.log file (found in the %TEMP% directory):
TIMESTAMP Information Debug Attempting to open projects 5173, 5123
TIMESTAMP Information Exception Exception while opening projects: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleException: ORA-12537: Network Session: End of file ---> OracleInternal.Network.NetworkException: ORA-12537: Network Session: End of file
at OracleInternal.Network.ReaderStream.Read(OraBuf OB)
at OracleInternal.TTC.OraBufReader.Read(Boolean bIgnoreData)
at OracleInternal.TTC.MarshallingEngine.UnmarshalUB1(Boolean bIgnoreData)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login to P6 Professional
- Select Tools, Schedule Comparison.
- Select 'Create new' and enter a name on the "create or Open Schedule Comparison" screen
- Select Options
- On Project tab:
- Select Project A under Original Project grouping
- Select Project B under Comparison Project or Baseline grouping
- Select Add
- Select Save and Draw
- After a minute or so, the application generates the popup error 'one or more project doesn't exist. Data for these projects will not be displayed'.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms