Getting Error in Customer Updater While Doing Re-rating in ECE
(Doc ID 2156301.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 11.2.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Rating business logic
There were errors in Customer Updater while doing Re-rating in ECE on Monthly Cycle Forward(MCF) events. This is in-advance billing scenario where MCF was applied 3 months in advance.
There was no error in cm pinlog while doing rerating. Below error occurred in customerUpdater log while executing 'pin_rerate -rerate' command :
Steps to reproduce:
1. Created a charge offer with 3 months bill-in-advance and a rental charge of 100 USD/month
2. Created account on 27th April using this charge offer
Current bill cycle is from 27th April 2016 - 1st Jul 2016.
Following MCF events got created:
- 27th april - 1st May
- 1st May - 1st Aug
3. Changed price of charge offer by adding new date range from 15th May
4. Executed pin_rate_change utility
This created /job/rerate object successfully
5. Executed 3 pin_rerate steps:
- pin_rerate -process jobs
- pin_rerate -process queue
- pin_rerate -rerate
6. Monitored the status in job_rerate_t (from 1 - 4)
The status got updated properly for each step.
7. 'pin_rerate -process jobs' & 'pin_rerate -process queue' commands were executed successfully and the jobs status has been changed to 3. Even after 'pin_rerate -rerate' command, the status of job has been changed to 4, and all adjustment events were getting generated properly.
8. But on trying to unlock the account using 'pin_rerate -process queue' command for the second time after rerating, the status is not getting changed to 5, i.e. the acquired lock is not removed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document