User Specific Assignment Of AutoVue Licenses - PVM-ALW-CLS values
Last updated on JUNE 13, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that when making use of default parameter PVM-ALW-CLS and creating a new entry for a specific user with value 2D, the application registered to open files like jpeg, tiff and other formats considered 2d graphics are not licensed to be displayed.
E.G: AutoVue window will open but "Unssuported File Format" is shown.
There should be a clear indication in the documentation what each value of the parameter PVM-ALW-CLS should license for use.
What is working:
Setting the parameter PVM-ALW-CLS to Office instead of 2D, will open the jpeg, bmp, tiff files.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open JC, create a new 3d document and assign 1 file with extension jpeg.
2. Check Manager->External Applications and check if for jpeg file formats and your corresponding OS on mode V, you have Autovue assigned.
3. Go to Default Parameters and search for PVM-ALW-CLS. Create a similar entry, variable name=PVM-ALW-CLS, User=EDBCUSTO, Type=S, Value=2D
4. Restart JC so that the permissions will go into effect.
5. Open the step1 3d document and click on Load Document into Integrated Viewer. Select the jpeg file get message "Unssuported file format"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms