Import Resource Update Resets User Calendar Hours in Instantis EnterpriseTrack
Last updated on JULY 13, 2016
Applies to:Instantis EnterpriseTrack Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Instantis EnterpriseTrack - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Import Resource Update is used, the Calendar field is required for resource update via import. When added, the resources Standard Calendars resets user back to a default of 40 hours.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
0. Log in as Application Administrator (app_admin) or user with equivalent privileges
1. Navigate to Resources > Advanced Search for (resource)
2. Click the Actions button > Select > Calendar tab.
3. Notice the Reference Calendar: Standard calendar and Working hours for Mon-Fri is 5.6 hours totaling 28 hours.
4. Close Details of (resource) window
5. Navigate to Administration > Data Import & Export > Data Import> Download Data Import Templates
6. Download and save the 'Update Resources' template
7. Click Done
8. Navigate to Administration > Data Export > Export Data > Resource and select Export Data link. Save the export file.
9. Navigate to Administration > Data Import & Export > Data Import > Import data > Resources Update. Save the export file.
10. Copy/paste (resource) from the Resource Export into the Import file. Cross-check fields so attributes align across both files.
11. Click 'Upload Data' and browse to edited Import template
12. Leave all settings default and click Upload. Click Done.
13. Click 'Validate Data'. Leave all settings default and click 'Validate Data'. If Error records exist, all must be cleared before proceeding.
14. Click 'Import Data' leaving all other settings default.
15. Navigate to Resources > (resource)
16. Click the Actions button > Select > Calendar tab. Notice the Calendar has been overwritten with Working hours for Mon-Fri 8 hours totaling 40 hours.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms