Release of Oracle Communications Revenue Management Suite Reference Implementation Version 2.0 (RMS RI)
(Doc ID 2161118.1)
Last updated on JUNE 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 11.1.0]
Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Oracle Communications Offline Mediation Controller - Version 6.0.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 6.0]
Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11.2.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Simplicity, speed and relevance are absolutely essential for any organization striving to succeed in today’s business environment. These three factors apply to the offerings that providers bring to market, and more importantly, they apply to the critical BSS infrastructure that provides the foundation for their organizations.
Recognizing these needs Oracle Communications is pleased to announce the release of Oracle Communications Revenue Management Suite Reference Implementation Version 2.0 (RMS RI).
KEY CAPABILITIES AND BENEFITS
Two key business objectives were the driving forces for this suite release:
• Fast and Effective Installation, and Base Configuration
The Oracle Communications Revenue Management Suite Reference Implementation (RMS RI) is an automated deployment process of the Revenue Management Suite (RMS) product set. Leveraging this suite reduces the complexity and challenges associated with a distributed architecture setup, the specialized product knowledge required for installations, the time and effort involved for the setup.
RMS RI does so by rapidly installing and integrating the various products in the RMS product set and their enabling technologies – each using a non-interactive installation process. Global configuration files remove the need for any manual pre- or post-installation configuration to integrate the installed product within the environment. Not only does this reduce the time required to carry out the installation, it eliminates the manual configuration steps that are one of the main reasons for installation failures.
• Automated Validation and Easier Deployments
RMS RI provides a scenario deployment tool which allows test cases to be deployed across the end-to-end solution stack. These test cases are written using a Behavior-Driven Development natural language format, allowing their easy creation from defined business use cases. The ability to create use-case specific configuration enables not only specific validations, but shorter time-to-setup demo, proof-of-concept, development, training or production environments.
Specific features and benefits for RMS RI Version 2.0 include:
Improved Charging Scalability
• Support for a multi-node configuration of the OCS
• Option to install the required schemas for the RMS products in a pre-existing database installation in addition to being able install a new local database instance
Improved RMS Product Installations
• Use of the improved security features introduced in the IP2 product releases to install RMS products so that they possess a greater level of security by default
• Installation framework replaced with the Chef open-source configuration management tool
Upgraded Software Support
• Installation of IP2 versions of the supported Revenue Management Suite products
• Database support upgraded to include 12c
The RMS Reference Implementation installs the following versions of RMS products and their enablement products.
- Oracle Communications Billing & Revenue Management 22.214.171.124.0
- Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center 126.96.36.199.0
- Oracle Communications Elastic Charging Engine 188.8.131.52.0
- Oracle Communications Offline Mediation Controller 184.108.40.206.0
- Oracle Database Enterprise Edition 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168.0
- Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.6
- Oracle Coherence In-Memory Data Grid 12.1.2
- Oracle NoSQL Database 22.214.171.124.57
- Oracle Application Development Framework 126.96.36.199
- Oracle Java 188.8.131.52
The Reference Implementation can be downloaded from Oracle Technology Network(OTN) at following URL:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document