Store Inventory Management (SIM) Handheld Shows "Multiple Items Found" Message During Ticket Printing Even When There Is Only One Item
Last updated on JULY 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, we find that when printing item tickets using the Handheld (HH) device, an informational message is shown for an item that has same Vendor Product Number (VPN) from multiple suppliers. That message is "Multiple items found". The same message is not displayed when the item ticket is printed from SIM PC application.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create an item in Retail Merchandising System (RMS) and assign two suppliers to the item.
2. For each supplier, attach the same VPN ID as the item ID.
3. Attach stores and warehouses as required.
4. Let the messages flow into SIM.
5. Using HH, print the item tickets.
6. Enter the VPN ID that was used in Step 2 above and note that a message appears: 'Multiple items found'.
7. Note that only one item is listed.
8. Now repeat the item ticket printing with SIM PC UI and note that no such messages are shown.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms