MSS Should have an Utility to Update Trunk Groups due to Changes in Point Codes
(Doc ID 2162017.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User is requesting a tool like the NPA/NXX Split Utility to update Trunk Groups when there are changes in Point Codes.
Adding the new Point Code and CLLI combination to update the affected Trunk Groups and deleting the old combination from the records.
From time to time there is a request to change some point codes for a carrier.
Customers need a process other than do DB changes to fix these and the TGs they are associated to.
Current course of action is to manually update the point code records in the Trunk Groups, using EWO orders
Users are making the changes manually, using EWO ordering to update the Point Codes for the affected Trunk Groups
The following is the process flow:
1) Add all new/corrected point codes to point code inventory
2) Research all effected trunk groups
3) Drop change EWO’s on all effected trunk groups
4) Adjust point code of trunk group to “corrected” point code
5) Close out EWO after point code change
6) Remove old/incorrect point codes out of point code inventory table
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document