Error: "Edit User-Defined Field Error ... Evaluation Exception During Submission" When Attempting to Rename a Custom Field in Instantis EnterpriseTrack
Last updated on JULY 19, 2016
Applies to:Instantis EnterpriseTrack Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Instantis EnterpriseTrack - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to rename a Pre-defined Custom Field that is no longer visible, the following error occurs.
Administration: Edit User-defined Field Error. Please correct the errors shown below, and try again.
Evaluation exception during submission.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into Instantis EnterpriseTrack as an Application Administrator or a
User with Permissions to edit Project UDFs
2. Navigate to the Administration page
3. Select the "Custom Fields" link under the Custom Fields section
4. Select the "Manage Custom Fields For Project" link under the Project section
5. Uncheck the Show Visible: Yes
6. Check the Show Visible: No
7. Click the Go button
8. Select the "Edit" link next to the <Customer Specific Name> Field Name under the Pre-defined Custom Fields section
9. Change the Field Name to <New Customer Specific Name>
10. Click the Update button
11. Receive Evaluation exception during submission error
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms