Adjusting a Direct Store Delivery (DSD) in SIM Generates an Error in RMS
Last updated on JULY 27, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 15.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, we find that when an already received Direct Store Delivery (DSD) is adjusted, SIM publishes two "ReceiptCre" messages to Retail Merchandising System (RMS). The first message does not contain any receipt date, causing the message to fail in RMS. The second message does not contain any reason code to indicate to RMS that this delivery was received previously and the new message is an update as a result of adjustment to received DSD.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create a Purchase Order (PO) in RMS.
2. Receive the PO in SIM.
3. After a day or so, re-edit the receipt and adjust the delivery.
4. Enter new quantity and confirm the receipt.
5. Find that SIM publishes two "ReceiptCre" messages to RMS
a. The first message does not contain a receipt date
b. The second message does not contain any reason code to indicate an update to previously received delivery
6. In RMS, find that the first ReceiptCre message fails with the following error (query RIB_MESSAGE_FAILURE table in RMS):
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms