Adjustment Approval Hierarchy Is Overridden, users can approve adjustments without required roles
(Doc ID 2162756.1)
Last updated on JULY 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an open Adjustment Approval to do is viewed from the To Do Search page and the message hyperlink button is clicked, the to do is re-assigned to the user id who clicked. This allows the user to approve the adjustment even if he/she has an insufficient role to approve the current to do.
The video attached to this article demonstrates the issue.
Steps to re-create:
1. Setup an adjustment approval profile that has multiple levels of approval.
2. Set up an adjustment type using said adjustment approval profile
3. Setup a user with a role on the lowest approval hierarchy
4. Create an adjustment that requires the highest level of approval
5. Submit created adjustment for approval
6. Using the user id from step #3, submit the adjustment for further approval. A new to do is created for the next approver role.
7. On the dashboard, click on the “Outstanding To Do Entries For Account”, which navigates to the To Do Search page
8. Click the hyperlink on the message column. To Do is assigned to the current user.
9. Navigate to the adjustment page and view the Adjustment approval tab.
10. Adjustment Approval role is re-assigned to the user’s role as well
11. User can approve the adjustment regardless of the approval hierarchy
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document