When a PO Is Received by Multiple Users, SIM Publishes Multiple ReceiptCre Messages With New ASN Numbers That Do Not Have Matching Shipments in RMS
(Doc ID 2164633.1)
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, we find that a Purchase Order (PO) can be received by multiple users at the same time. This causes SIM to generate multiple ReceiptCre messages to Retail Merchandising System (RMS). The shipment details in RMS get updated with SIM generated Advance Shipment Notice(ASN) numbers. However, the last received ASN does not have any invoice matched to it, causing major issues with vendor payments.
Steps to Recreate:
- In RMS, create a PO with a vendor ASN attached.
- In SIM, log into the store as user 1.
- Open the PO and do not do anything.
- Log into the same store in SIM as user 2.
- Open the same PO. Note that there are no messages to user 2, indicating that user 1 already has a lock on the PO.
- Complete the receipt and confirm.
- Now, go back to the session of user 1. Receive different quantities than in step 6 and confirm.
- Find that SIM publishes two "ReceiptCre" messages to RMS.
- In RMS find that the quantity received for the PO is updated as the quantity from step 7.
- In RMS, find that the shipment record is updated with both receipts and the receipt from step 7 has a new SIM generated ID that does not match any existing invoices in Retail Inventory Matching (ReIM) application.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document