Random Behavior In Chrome Browser When Changing Fonts In Mail Editor
Last updated on JULY 28, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Convergence - Version 3.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Convergence 188.8.131.52.0 and Chrome browser version 45.
When using the mail editor to compose an email and selecting a font to use, there is strange and random behavior with regards to the check mark that shows the currently used font.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Open the mail editor to compose a new email
- Open the drop-down to view the default font -- Note that the default font is selected with a check mark
- Type some characters and note the correct (default) font is shown
- Open the drop-down and note the default font is still selected with a check mark
- Select the Comic Sans MS font, close the drop-down and then type some characters to see the newly selected font
- Open the drop-down and see the default font is selected again, instead of the Comic Sans MS font
- Close the drop-down and type some characters - Note the font still appears as the Comic Sans MS font when typed, despite the default font having the check mark
- Open the drop-down and select a different font
- Close the drop-down and open it again and you see the latest font still selected
- Open the drop-down, change the font again and close the drop-down
- Type some characters
- Open the drop-down and note that the default font is now selected again with the check mark
- Close the drop-down and note that the latest font is shown when typing, despite the default font being selected
Similar behavior was also seen using Convergence 184.108.40.206.0 and 220.127.116.11.0.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms