When Loading Asset Items, System Allows User to Enter a Different Quantity That Is Not Present, Resulting in a Stock Difference Between RMS and RWMS
Last updated on MARCH 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 13.1 to 13.1.9 [Release 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When loading asset items, if the user enters a different quantity which is not present, the system allows this entry. This results in a stock difference between Retail Merchandising System (RMS) and Retail Warehouse Management System (RWMS).
Steps to Recreate
1. Set the item's default Asset quantity to 0.
2. Create a stock order and pick it.
3. Open a trailer and go to the Load Container screen.
4. As the default asset item's quantity is 0, RWMS will ask to load a different asset item.
5. While loading a different asset, we need to enter the quantity. If we enter a quantity which is not present in RWMS, only a warning is shown. The user is not stopped from making this entry.
6. As a results, users later face many follow-on issues for for asset items having a stock difference between RMS and RWMS.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms