When Integrating Late Sales SIM Creates an "Empty" Inventory Adjustment Message
Last updated on AUGUST 11, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 15.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, we find that when sales from Oracle Retail Point-of-Service (ORPOS) are uploaded to SIM from a prior date, SIM generates empty late sales inventory adjustments to be published to Retail Merchandising System (RMS).
Steps to Recreate:
1. Ensure that an item available at a store is not included in any stock counts
2. Stop the message publishing for message family type of "IInvAdjust"
3. Create an input file containing sales information of the item at the store and upload the sales information to SIM
4. Ensure that the transaction date is a few days earlier than today
5. Run PosTransactionImport.sh batch with the above input file
6. Note that SIM publishes an empty inventory adjustment 'create' message to RMS
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms