Payment Validation Takes A Long Time On 7.5 Version
(Doc ID 2172330.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Payments
We have recently upgraded from BRM 7.0 version to 7.5 Version. With new version of payment client tool Oracle has introduced a new field for due Amount , to get that Payment tool fires below search opcode
For old billing account having large number of child accounts, this query takes a long time to execute as it looks for all the items.
We expect that payment validation should respond within seconds as it used to happen in 7.0 Environment
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Billing account and add around 15000 child account to this parent account. Make sure each account has got around 10-12 items
2. Do a billing for all these accounts for 1 year by moving pvt.
3. Open payment tool and make a batch payment for batch of 10.
4. Put only account number and some random payment amount in all the rows (don't enter bill number).
5. Check the * box for these payments.
6. Validate the payment.
The issue has the following business impact:
As part of business process payment tool is used heavily in our implementation. Same Validation step in 7.0 used to take few seconds which has now increased to 40-50 mins for a batch of 10 payments. This has have effected our payment processing time.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document