Primary Note for Oracle Communications Mobile Synchronization Gateway (ActiveSync)
(Doc ID 2172886.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 05, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Communications Mobile Synchronization Gateway - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This is the Primary Note for Oracle Communications Mobile Synchronization Gateway
The information contained in this targets product administrators and installers.
About Mobile Synchronization Gateway 8
Mobile Synchronization Gateway (OCMSG or MG) extends Oracle Communications Messaging Server, Oracle Communications Calendar Server, and Oracle Communications Contacts Server to mobile devices. Mobile Synchronization Gateway enables users to synchronize their email, calendar, and contacts with mobile devices. Mobile Synchronization Gateway uses the Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync protocol. Using Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync, users can access their email, calendar, and contacts and continue to access this information even while working offline. In addition, Mobile Synchronization Gateway uses real-time push synchronization. Mobile Synchronization Gateway enables native applications on iOS, basic Android, and Samsung Android devices to synchronize with Unified Communications Suite servers.
OCMSG is licensed and priced separately from Oracle Communications Messaging Server, Oracle Communications Calendar Server, and Oracle Communications Instant Messaging Server.
Product releases are available for download from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud.
For all Mobile Synchronization Gateway documentation, reference: Mobile Synchronization Gateway Documentation
If you are initially installing Mobile Synchronization Gateway, the best place to begin is with the Installation and Configuration Guide and Release Notes.
The most recent product documentation may be found here:
- Mobile Synchronization Gateway 8.0 Documentation (available in HTML, PDF, ePub or Mobi formats)
The Mobile Synchronization Gateway Installation and Configuration Guide and System Administrator's Guide contains most of the useful information needed.
In addition, the following appendices are provided for quick reference:
- C Mobile Synchronization Gateway Configuration Script (in the Installation and Configuration Guide)
- A Mobile Synchronization Gateway Command-Line Utilities (in the System Administrator's Guide)
- B Mobile Synchronization Gateway Configuration Files and Parameters (in the System Administrator's Guide)
- Troubleshooting Mobile Synchronization Gateway
- Collecting Mobile Synchronization Gateway Server Information using mobile-collector Script (Doc ID 2254628.1)
Mobile Synchronization Gateway patchsets are shipped in ARU format and must be applied using commpkg upgrade.
- Installing Patches
- Also review the Oracle Unified Communications Compatibility Matrix (Doc ID 2225515.1)
This section reserved for patch releases when they become available
Communities & Forums
- My Oracle Support Community (MOSC): Unified Communications Suite
- OTN Forum: Oracle Communications Messaging Server
- OTN Forum: Oracle Communications Calendar Server
- Blog Release Announcement
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Communities & Forums