Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 15.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Primary Supplier and its attributes are forcefully defaulted from Parent item to its children via Item Induction
eps to reproduce:
1) Create a item and add 2 suppliers to it(S1, S2).
2) Let S1 be the primary supplier for style and for some of the SKU's let S2 be the primary supplier
3) Through the item induction process, change the primary supplier of the style alone to S2.
4) Note that by default the Primary supplier is over written to all the SKU's
5) Try to change the primary supplier of the item from GUI
6) It displays a message
"Item xxx has lower-level items with a different primary supplier. Click No
to set supplier yyy as non primary or click Yes to set the supplier as
primary for these items"
7) Click No.
Note that the Primary supplier is updated to S2 only for Style. SKU's still retain their old primary supplier. Whereas the Item induction forcefully updates the primary supplier from style to SKU which in turn creates unnecessary mod messages.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms