MDM-CCB MULTI-UT CORRECTION FROM NEW IMD FAILS BC EXECUTED OUT OF ORDER
Last updated on AUGUST 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Cancel/Rebill results in an error when the SP involved is under the following conditions:
1. 2 latest bill segments have been produced by MDM estimations (i.e. at least 2 latest measurements are based on system estimations).
2. A new actual (i.e. provided by customer or meter organization) read is entered into MDM. Meter reading is lower than that 2 estimated for 2 past periods “period #1 and Period #2 according to chronological order). As a result of this event both estimated meter reads (those used for billing of periods #1 and #2) are marked as “Do Not Use” (i.e. those reads are not valid for billing purposes) and it also triggers 2 instances of “Usage Correction” Activities on MDM.
3. Once the D1-UTCRN batch process runs on MDM it evaluates statuses of both “Usage Correction” Activities created above ending up with 2 outbound messages sent across to CC&B in order to create “Off-Cycle Bill Generator” (one instance per each “Usage Correction” Activity).
a. Since D1-UTCRN batch process normally runs in multithreaded mode, there is no control of which “Usage Correction” Activity will be processed first.
b. These outbound messages are sent via appropriate JMS Queue . Since there are multiple CC&B consumers defined on that JMS Queue, system has no control on order in which these messages will be consumed and processed on the CC&B side.
4. If “Off-Cycle Bill Generator” of the period #1 (the earlier one) is processed first, everything works OK. I.e. cancel/rebill is performed, usage is requested from MDM, and MDM creates a new estimated meter read on the end of the billing period #1. Then the same happens for the period #2.
5. If though “Off-Cycle Bill Generator” of the period #2 (the most recent one) is processed first, then, on attempt to request usage for the billing period, MDM responses with error. This is because MDM could not find any valid meter read on the billing period start date (it was the estimated meter read #1, which has been marked as “Do Not Use”). I.e. “Off-Cycle Bill Generator” processing fails and the only workaround available is that end user will regenerate the bill #2 manually.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms