Cascading Discount Did Not Work Correctly
(Doc ID 2174714.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On all versions of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management, when there are 2 discounts configured to apply for usage event in the following ways:
1. Discount to grant free minutes: this is a usage discount that is applied while the customer has available resources.
2. Aggregation counter: this is a usage discount that must increment with additional minutes consumed by the customer. Incremented only when the customer doesn't have available resources.
When the Event Data Record has an event usage higher than available resources, it is expected that both discounts should be applied. The first should consume available resources, and the second should increase the aggregation counter with the part of non-discounted of the event.
- Event usage: 660 seconds
- Available resources: 275 seconds
- First discount must apply 275 seconds
- Second discount must increase 385 seconds
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a product with a resource of free minutes and an aggregation counter (initialized in 0)
2. Create a usage discount that consumes free minutes
3. Create an aggregation counter discount that increases the second resource
4. Create an account, purchase the product, and the 2 discounts of the items 1, 2, and 3
5. Rate several events that consume most of free minutes
6. Rate one event with quantity higher than the resource
7. Verify that it consumes the total of free seconds and increases the aggregation counter only with the remnant
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document