Resource Requirements Not Created/Generated For Planned Orders After Upgrade To 12.2.5
(Doc ID 2175106.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Memory Based Planner in Test:
Users upgraded from 184.108.40.206 to 12.2.5 and have applied Cumulative update 2 patch 22493520. They have 64 bit Linux MBP MSONWL64.ppc 120.15.12020000.42 - Users are running an ECC Classic Constrained plan with 540 days all in minutes buckets for hls scheduling.
They bring data in from both Legacy and EBS instances. In this case EBS resource requirements are not getting calculated for Planned orders. This problem occurs ONLY on EBS collected resources/routings since Legacy resources are working just fine. It should be noted that customer uses custom hook to delete all EBS primary routings and thus they are only using alternate routings. They then use a custom program to input the resource data from RTSOP which comes from Demantra. They only have primary routings defined in Legacy. Also note they do not have this issue in 220.127.116.11 at all even though they use the same setup
Things we tried:
1. We found some resources had 0 availability and this led to finding where capacity in a simulation set was set to 0. However when adding capacity back in for the resource, collecting, verifying resource availability, and rerunning the plan, while we now show resource availability, we still found 0 resource requirements even though the planned orders are there
2. Found that lead time rollups in EBS source were not done, so had those run, confirmed lead times were generated in Org item attributes, collected and regenerated resource data and item data and reran the plan, but it did not help
3. ASCP profile MRP:Cutoff Date Offset Months = 18 so no issue there
4. Found decision rules turned off so enabled MSO:Enabled Decision Rules = Yes - enabled Alternate Routings in the Decision Rules tab of the plan options and reran the ASCP plan. Plan failed in SCO in MSONWL64 module: Memory Based Planner 64-bit Linux with:
create objects, time taken = 0.616667
Program was terminated by signal 9
Please note they do not have Decision rules enabled in 18.104.22.168 so the above test was just trying to get a data point if it worked or not. Plan does not fail in 12.2.5 if decision rules are turned off
5. I did a stare compare of 22.214.171.124 vs 126.96.36.199 on same legacy and EBS resource and found in msc_department_resources the EBS resource did not show resource included flag (was Null) and UOM was Null as well. However when checking 188.8.131.52 it was the same way. Setting the resource included flag to 1 and UOM = HR did not help anyway but we tried it
Resource requirements should be calculated on planned orders for EBS routings.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Collect data from both EBS and LEG instances
2. Use custom hook to remove primary routings collected from EBS but keep alternate routings
3. Run ECC Classic plan and Legacy routings/resources generate resource requirements in plan output, but EBS alternate routings do not generate any resource requirements
4. We do see resource availability for the resources from EBS
Upgrade from 12.1.3 to 12.2.5
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document