Error: "Failed updating the configuration: $Configuration_Name. com.primavera.PhoenixException: Unable to resolve privileged username and password ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied" While Applying Primavera P6 EPPM Patch
(Doc ID 2180173.1)
Last updated on JULY 26, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While trying to apply a PatchSet for P6 EPPM the patching utility freezes and the following error can be observed in the install log:
Failed updating the configuration: $Configuration_Name
com.primavera.PhoenixException: Unable to resolve privileged username and password ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Extract the compressed file (.zip) for the patch set.
- Browse to $patch_media_home/P6EPPM-#####/PatchUtility/$Operating_System/install
- Launch runInstaller.cmd/.sh
- On the "welcome" screen, click next.
- On the "Specify P6 Installed Location" screen of the patch utility:
- Enter the path for "Primavera P6 Home" (example: G:\P6EPPM_1)
- Enter the path for "Patch Source" (entering the patch source)
- On The Weblogic Details screen provide the weblogic connection details and click Next;
- Notice the behavior described.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document