Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2016
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to apply patch set 184.108.40.206 for P6 EPPM using the Patching Utility the following error occurs:
Failed deploying updated components: Deployment Failed.
Please check the logs. Failed rolling back deployments to earlier version: Undeploy Failed.
Please check the logs(Rollback).
In the install log file the following error message is observed:
Deployment Message : weblogic.application.ModuleException: [HTTP:101216]Servlet: "APIAPPSServlet" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "PrimaveraAPI.war".[[
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'threadPool' defined in class path resource [com/primavera/bre/integration/intgconf.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
STEPS TO DUPLICATE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Extract the compressed file (zip) for the patch set.
- Browse to $patch_media_home/P6EPPM-15150/PatchUtility/$Operating_System/install
- Launch runInstaller.cmd/.sh
- On the "welcome" screen, click next.
- Select the P6 Home and the Patch Source and click Next;
- Provide the Weblogic connection details and click next;
- Notice the above behavior.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms