Error Inserting Component Between Nodes in an Ethernet Network System
(Doc ID 2181238.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2019
Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Error inserting Component in Ethernet Network - Test environment
Received the error when inserting component in Ethernet Network
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Tests done in MSS 621: b416, b1005, b1039 and b1067
1. Created new Ethernet Network System MTEST and put In Service 3 nodes with connections
2. Insert Component between nodes ANCRAKBXXXX & SLDTAKXXXX
3. Insert Component Process starts normally
4. Connections are created to replace existing connections
5. Finish – user gets the Error message below
6. Component is added to the canvas without connections – not inserted between existing nodes
You have completed the Insert Component process.
To copy and save the connection hierarchy from the existing network relationship to two new relationships for the
inserted component, click Finish
>>>> New Component not identified.
Could not able to identify new component after the update.
Users not able to insert a new node between existing nodes in an Ethernet Network System
Customer upgraded to MSS 621.b1067
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.