SIM Allows Receiving of ZERO Quantity for One of the Items in a Direct Delivery Without an Existing PO
(Doc ID 2181753.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 20, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, we find that when an 'on the fly' Direct Store Delivery (DSD) is created using a handheld with zero (0) quantity for one of the items:
1. The Purchase Order (PO) summary does not show the item with zero quantity
2. However, the item is included in the DSD-related database tables
3. The DSDReceiptCre message published by SIM also contains this zero quantity item
4. In RMS, the incoming DSDReceiptCre message fails and is logged in the RMS database table RIB_MESSAGE_FAILURE
Steps to Recreate:
1. Using Handheld (HH), create a DSD
2. Add three items to the PO
3. Ensure that one items has a quantity of zero
4. Save and review the PO details and note that the HH Summary does not display the item with zero quantity
5. Complete the order and note that SIM publishes a DSDReceiptCre message to RMS that contains all three items (including the zero quantity item)
6. Check SIM database tables DSD and DSD_LINE_ITEM, and note that all three items are listed
7. Check the RMS database table and find that the message has failed
8. Check RMS database tables SHIPMENT and ORDHEAD and find that no new records are created
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document