Last updated on SEPTEMBER 22, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Retail Invoice Matching (ReIM) 13.0.7.x allows duplicate ext_doc_id for a supplier if the ‘document type’ for each document is different.
It is expected that ReIM should require unique ext_doc_id for all lines in the IM_DOC_HEAD table.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create an order for 3 items: Item A, Item B and Item C.
- Receive Item A and Item B.
- Create an invoice with the invoice number of ‘TESTDUPLINVC’ for all 3 items. Invoice should be out of tolerance as Item C has not been received.
- Resolve invoice in ‘Invoice matching’ > ‘Summary Match” screen by using a Reason Code for Item C which results in ‘Debit Memo Quantity’.
- Run batches. Notice that a ‘Debit Memo Quantity’ has been created with the invoice number of ‘DMQTESTDUPLINVC’ for Item C.
- Receive in Item C.
- Pay back DMQ by creating a ‘merchandise invoice’ and matching it to the receipt created in Step 6.
- Go to Document Maintenance > Document Search.
- Select ‘Action’ of ‘NEW’ and ‘Document Type’ of ‘Merchandise Invoice’. Click OK.
- Create new invoice with invoice number of ‘DMQTESTDUPLINVC’ so that it pays back the exact amount of the DMQ and can be matched to the receipt created in Step 6. Detail invoice and click OK to save.
- Notice that REIM allows you to duplicate the invoice number for a supplier because one document is a ‘Merchandise Invoice’ and the other document is a ‘Debit Memo Quantity’. This causes a duplicate invoice number situation in ReIM and this, in turn, causes a duplicate invoice number failure on the import into EBS.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms