Last updated on OCTOBER 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) Applications 18.104.22.168.0 version, Core Billing
With an open payment and open bill for the same amount, pin_bill_day was not able to allocate the payment and close the bill. As a result, the items and bill were remained open forever.
The open payment should get allocated to the open bill and all the items should get closed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set the PVT to 1st of the month and create an account with monthly product with proration enabled for purchase and cancel.
2. Check that item_total is equal to the product price and cycle_forward item is in pending status, i.e. (1).
3. Check that payment of same amount is created.
4. Do not change the PVT and do set the end date of the product to 20 days from now.
5. Check that a new cycle_forward event is created with prorated credit for remaining period of the month.
6. Check that credit amount is accumulated to same pending cycle_forward item.
7. Move the pvt to 20 days ahead and run pin_bill_day.
8. Verify the items are still in pending by this query:
select poid_id0, poid_type, item_no, status, item_total, due, transferred, recvd from item_T where account_obj_Id0 = 59564 order by created_t desc;
9. Move the PVT to 1st of next month.
10. Run pin_bill_day.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms