Creation of Promotion Component Name With More Than 40 Characters Results in Unrecoverable Error
(Doc ID 2185559.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 13.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Creation of a promotion component name with a number of characters exceeding 40 produces an error, and errors persist even after correcting the original problem.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create a Multi Buy Promotion.
2. Click add component.
3. In the Create Component screen, select component type as Multi Buy.
4. Enter a scription containing more than 40 characters and click Next.
5. Note the popup dialog: “This field has too many characters, Maximum : 40”
6. Correct the description and click Next.
7. Enter all the details required on the component detail screen.
8. Click on Save.
9. Pop up is thrown saying that a few fields are empty or invalid.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!