Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) application is not prompting for a manager override when a user who does not have authority to 'cancel transaction' tries to cancel a return transaction. This occurs on the Capture Customer screen.
1. Run following update statement to remove access to "cancel transaction" for Cashier.
2. Update the following parameters in application.xml and restart the application.
<PROPERTY propname="member" propvalue="None" />
<PROPERTY propname="member" propvalue="CustomerID" />
<PROPERTY propname="member" propvalue="PersonalID" />
<PROPERTY propname="member" propvalue="CustomerIDAndPersonalID" />
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to ORPOS application as cashier.
2. Click on Return(F2).
3. Select No Receipt (F3) option.
4. Enter Item number to be returned.
5. Select Return Reason code on 'Return Item Info' screen and click on next. Return item is retrieved to Sell Item screen.
6. Click on Tender and press Next for a Cash Refund on Refund Options screen.
7. On 'Capture Customer Information' screen, click on Cancel (F12) in order to cancel the Return Transaction. Select 'Yes' on Cancel Operation Confirmation screen.
8. Note that the transaction is cancelled directly without prompting for Manager Override.
9. Also, no canceled transaction receipt is printed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms