Mass Change of Location Traits Using Location List Throws 'ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allowed' Error
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When performing mass change in Location Traits (associating or deleting them from Stores) using a Location List, the following error is thrown:
Steps to Reproduce:
- Enter Location List screen, with action “Use”.
- Ensure that the Location List has at least one Store associated to it.
- On the “Location List Head” screen, on the menu Options, select “Create Location Traits Change”. “Location Traits – Mass Change” screen opens.
- On the Multi-row block, select:
a. Action = “Add”
b. Location Trait = Select or enter a valid Location Trait
- Click on button “Add”. Error message: “FRM-40508: ORACLE error: unable to INSERT record” appears.
- On the toolbar in the main screen of RMS, select the option “Display Error”.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms