Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM), we find that the Expected Quantity for an unexpected item on a Vendor ASN shows zero for an item that is not originally part of a Purchase Order (PO) from the same vendor, even if the Shipped Quantity exists. At the same time, an item with 0 quantity on the ASN shows the ordered quantity on the Delivery Detail screen.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Ensure that the system option for default delivery quantities is set to 'False'.
- Create a PO in Retail Merchandising System (RMS) with Item A on it with any order quantity (Example - 50).
- Create an ASN with only Item B on it (not Item A - replacement or substitute item from the vendor), which is not on the PO, but from the same supplier, for a quantity of 20.
- Navigate to Shipping/Receiving > Direct Delivery > Purchase Order > Choose the PO created in Step 1 and click Create Delivery.
- A message is displayed: "An open ASN exists and do you want to apply the ASN" > Choose "Yes".
- Observation 1: It can be observed that even though the item A was not the ASN, it shows up in the Direct Delivery with Ordered = 50, Expected = 50, whereas there was no quantity on the ASN. (Expected quantity should be 0)
- Observation 2: Item B, which is not on the PO, but is on the ASN, shows on the Delivery screen with Ordered qty of 0 (correct), Expected = 0 (but ASN has 20 units, the expected should be 20).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms