Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Pedigree and Serialization Manager - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Encounter issue while manual decommissioning: in maintain serial screen of Serials tab, decommissioning cannot be fully performed, there is a loss of data during the process.
- Pop-up message displays that commissioning is successful and serial status is now “Commissioned"
- When performing the same action by clicking on “Action” button and “Edit” serial to change “Decommissioned” status to “Commissioned” status, we are facing the same issue: pop-up message also appears and changes are lost.
- Find that no data is recorded in audit trail as recommissioning has not been successfully performed
This decommissioning functionality is embedded in patch 18.104.22.168.0, containing also return/receipt/shipcancel PL/SQL APIs.
As this patch required custom adaptation, integration tests have been performed this week for decommissioning.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Click on “commission Serials” button of a decommissioned serial number
2. Pop-up message displays that commissioning is successful and serial status is now “Commissioned”
3. When switching to another tab, a pop-up appears, find that changes are lost.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms