Last updated on OCTOBER 13, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Billing Component - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168 version, Autobill and other Billing Modes
Oracle Utilities Billing Component with DIRECT_WRITE_CIS and RELEASE_SUMMARY_INFO parameters on is writing output to CIS file though the bill history was not created due to errors encountered on the bill.
The type of error that triggers this situation is a Warning in autobill coming from the Rules Language.
Autobill will auto-reject bills with warnings but because it is a warning (as opposed to an abort) the Rules Language will continue to process all the way through even though a warning has already been generated. In this case SAVE TO CIS statements are executed and are saved directly to the output file because DIRECT_WRITE_CIS configuration parameter is on.
This can happen in other billing modes as well when bill is rejected or calculated but not approved.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Ensure DIRECT_WRITE_CIS is on in lodestar.cfg or equivalent.
2. Autobill an account that is set up to have a rules language warning generated.
3. Confirm via the billing report that the account was rejected.
4. Check Bill History to confirm it wasn't generated for this period, nor was bill time updated.
5. Check CIS output - notice it is there even though bill was rejected
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users do not have consistent output between what they send to the CIS system and what is in the Billing system.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms