SNR Is Not Generated After Upgrading ECE Patch Set
(Doc ID 2190664.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 21, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, SNR is not working as expected wherein:
- on renew of quota on customer account, ECE throws error as shown below and no SNR is published by diameter gateway.
- also whenever user quota gets exhausted as part of user session, no SNR is published.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. An usage is started 1 day before the billing. [e.g if a session started at 23:45 and continues to next day]
2. At midnight, billing gets triggered, at this time no SNR is published to diameter gateway.
Consider product which gives 5 GB grant.
1. Create account with valid product.
2. Customer balance is shown with correct balance in BRM/ECE
3. Initiate SLR
4. Invoke CCR-I, ECE makes reservation for 1 MB
5. Invoke CCR-T with total usage of 4 GB.
6. ECE does proper charging, but ideally it should send SNR to PCRF as it exceeded the thresholds defined in offer_profile.
- Same was working fine in 11.3.
- ECE= Elastic Charging Engine
- BRM= Billing and Revenue Management
- SNR= Spending-Status-Notification-Request
- SLR= Spending-Limit-Request
- PCRF= Policy and Charging Rule Function
- In another customer instance, similar issue was observed wherein Fixed Threshold notifications are not triggered when resource balance is depleted in below scenario, and this issue surfaced after upgrading system from 11.3 PS8 to PS9 while it was working ok in PS8:
- customer has a subscription which grants 1 GB of data on monthly basis.
- on full 1GB usage i.e. when balance is 0, threshold_notification needs to be triggered.
- to achieve this notification on full balance depletion, fixed_threshold value is set to 0, and credit_limit is also set to 0.
- once the balance reaches zero, the desired notification is not being triggered.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document