'Unexpected Exception Occurred' Message Appears When User Selects F3/POS
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point-of-Service (ORPOS), a transaction is inserted into the store database with the previous business date, and an 'Unexpected Exception Occurred' message is displayed when the user logs in again.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open a new store day from Oracle Retail Back Office (ORBO).
2. Open Register A from ORBO.
3. Open Till A from ORBO.
4. Stop the ORPOS store server.
5. Restart the ORPOS store server.
6. Log into ORPOS Client (make sure to perform this step immediately after step 5).
7. "Do you wish to insert till A?" message appears.
8. Press 'Yes' and instantly perform one sale transaction.
9. Check the store database and notice that the transaction from step 8 was inserted into TR_TRN table with DC_DY_BSN as the previous business day.
10. Log into the ORPOS client again and notice the "UnknownException" error message.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms