Issues When Submitting/Approving Deals With Close Date Less Than PERIOD.VDATE for Bill Back (BB) Deal
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to submit/approve Bill Back (BB) deals with active date and close date less than PERIOD.VDATE, the screen updates the active date to [PERIOD.VDATE + SYSTEM_OPTIONS.DEAL_LEAD_DAYS] and the close date to PERIOD.VDATE. The result is that active date > close date, causing an error. Also, if this deal was successfully approved, the previous reporting dates are not deleted from the DEAL_ACTUALS_FORECAST table.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Create a BB deal.
2. Move VDATE to future date so that deal close date < PERIOD.VDATE.
3. Open the deal in edit mode. Submit the deal. Active date is updated to [PERIOD.VDATE + SYSTEM_OPTIONS.DEAL_LEAD_DAYS]. Close date is updated to PERIOD.VDATE.
4. The following error is encountered: "Deal start date must be before deal close date. Unable to post changes to database. Contact appropriate support personnel if necessary." (1st issue)
5. Now manually update the close date to be greater than the active date. Submit and approve the deal.
6. Deal actuals forecast reporting period for the new close date is created, but previous reporting periods are not deleted. (2nd issue)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms