Transitioning a Job From Onsite (ONS) to Maintenance Pending (MNP) Shows the Wrong Error
Last updated on JANUARY 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 1.12 to 2.3]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 1.12 to 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If you have a job that has a crew ONSITE, if you try to change it to Maintenance Pending, the system will show a confusing error --
"Device is Open: cannot clear outage until device is closed."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Config changes required:
Change Event Details to enable Maintenance menu option for MAINTENANCE_EVENT.
Find the "MNU_MAINTENANCE" entry.
Change its "Visible" entry to this:
<Visible initial="true" when="(!PLANNED_EVENT and !SWITCHING_EVENT) and !USER_VIEW_ONLY"/>
1) Create an event by web call entry for any transformer
2) Place any crew in an ONS state
3) Fill out Remedy with "notified customer" or any other option
4) Place something in operation event note
5) Go up to action in event details and select maintenance to set MNP
6) Notice that error message that opens is for "Device is Open: cannot clear outage until device is closed." - Device is not open
7) Release crew
8) Go back into event details and select Maintenance and notice MNP is now set
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms