EWO Equipment Installation Data-related Error for ORA-12899: value too large for column "ASAP"."EQUIPMENT"."WORK_ORDER_NUMBER"
(Doc ID 2195182.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An ORA-12899 error is thrown when attempting to install new equipment via an Engineering Work Order where the length of the order's Work Order Number field exceeds 15 characters. Below are the errors displayed in the GUI in the order they are received.
Complete text of first error
Images of the errors in the order they are received. The first image highlights the Work Order Number field value that is mapped over from the EWO order and causing the "ORA-12899: value too large for column" error..
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Engineering Work Order and edit the Work Order Number field with a value using its limit of 17 characters
2. Click the Manage Equipment link
3. Click the Install Equipment link
4. Query for a Network Location to install new equipment
5. Right click in the Equipment Inventory window and select "Add"
* Note the value in the Work Order Number field within the data window has been mapped over from the EWO
6. Enter the desired information and click OK to install the equipment. The errors are thrown here.
New equipment cannot be installed using an EWO where the order's Work Order Number field exceeds 15 characters.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document