Unable To Initialize Business Areas From LSH Program
Last updated on OCTOBER 30, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Life Sciences Data Hub - Version 2.4.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to Initialize Business Areas from LSH PL/SQL program. The same code works OK from command prompt (SQL*Plus or SQL*Developer), but had never worked when called from LSH PL/SQL program.
Details: There is a requirement to read data from a table that is part of a Business Area (BA). When trying to call the CDR_PUB_API_GVA.setInitilizeBA API from the LSH PLSQL program, using the BA's details.
Expect that CDR_PUB_API_GVA.setInitilizeBA API call returns a STATUS of "S" (success) instead of "E" as when the same code is executed from command prompt (SQL*Plus) as the Database schema that is the owner of the database objects.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create Domain, Application Area and Work Area
2. Create a Load Set and a Target Table
3. Create a Business Area that reads from the Table created above
4. Install the Work Area
5. Create a different Domain, Application Area and Work Area
6. Create a LSH PL/SQL program that will read the data from the table within Business Area schema (created in step 3), after initializing it
7. Install this second Work Area
8. Execute the LSH PL/SQL program
The status "E" (Error) is displayed from the Business Area initialization API when called from the LSH PL/SQL Program. It works fine when called from command prompt (SQL*Plus).
First time trying to use API CDR_PUB_API_GVA.setInitilizeBA API from a LSH PLSQL program and it fails. It always works fine when called from command prompt (i.e., SQL*Plus).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms