Last updated on JULY 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Revenue Management and Billing - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, PY - Payment
Refund Request processed on approval even though the corresponding Payment was cancelled
Facing issues with the Refund Request for the following scenario in Production.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
• User has balance on Excess Credit / On-Account. The user asked for a Refund.
• The Business Representative creates a Refund Request for the Over-payment.
• The Refund Request goes for Approval.
• Between the time the Request is created and approved (Turnaround time can be a couple of days), the Payment got cancelled.
It could be due to Tender cancellation due to “Returned Payment from the bank” or it could have been transferred systematically/manually to a receivable.
• Once the Request is Approved, there was an Adjustment created which got sent to the Accounts Payable and the payment was made to the customer.
The issue has the following business impact:
• End state: PS, PX, AD in an unbalanced match event that has impact on downstream financial systems / reporting / customer balances.
• Payment of Refund to Customer against money that we did not receive.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms