Unexpected Exception Occurred Message Is Displayed Upon Accessing F3 POS After a POS/BO Server Bounce
(Doc ID 2196534.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4 to 14.1.3 [Release 13.4 to 14.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to login to POS after a bounce of the Backoffice (BO) and POS server , the following message occurs.
An UnExpected Exception Occurred.
Steps to Reproduce :
1. Open a new store day from Oracle Retail Back Office (ORBO).
2. Open Register A from ORBO.
3. Open Till A from ORBO.
4. Stop the Weblogic domain for BO and the ORPOS store server.
5. Restart the Weblogic domain for BO and the ORPOS store server.
6. Log into ORPOS Client (make sure to perform this step immediately after step 5).
7. "Do you wish to insert till A?" message appears.
8. Press 'Yes' and instantly perform one sale transaction.
9. Check the store database and notice that the transaction from step 8 was inserted into TR_TRN table with DC_DY_BSN as the previous business day.
10. Log into the ORPOS client again and notice the "UnknownException" error message.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document