No Conflict Check Being Issued for Overlapping Promo and Promo Retail Is Greater than Regular Retail
(Doc ID 2196652.1)
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 14.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Retail Price Management (RPM) 14.0.1, Promotions
When you have overlapping promotions where the second promotion causes the promo retail to be greater than regular retail, that second promotion is not failing conflict checking, but is getting approved when it should not.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Pre-requisite: RPM_SYSTEM_OPTIONS.SIMPLE_PROMO_OVERLAP_RULE =0 (Best Deal)
2. Create a promotion where promo retail is less than regular retail
3. Approve the promotion
4. Verify that the promotion is approved
5. Create an overlapping promotion where promo retail is greater than regular retail
6. Approve the second promotion
A conflict check flag is expected for promo retail greater than regular retail, but promotion is approved even though future retail reflects the first promotion retail.
The second promotion should be in worksheet status, not approved status.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!