Last updated on OCTOBER 25, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Insurance Policy Administration J2EE - Version 10.1.2.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 10.1.2.8 version, General
Billing Activities not being picked by Cycle for second Client Account
In environment, if users create more than 1 Account, running Cycle does not process the 'Billing Entries' activities in Policies attached to the second Account onward.
In the affected Policies, the Billing Entries will never be processed by Cycle, and therefore will never Generate any Bills. In unaffected Policies (Policies attached to the first Account), Cycle will always process the Billing activities normally.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into the OIPA. Make sure that prior to starting the test, you Restore an empty DB, and update the System Date to 1/1/2015.
2. Access the Account screen
3. Create a new Account effective 1/1/2015, "Account #1"
4. Add a Personal-Individual Plan
5. Add a Personal Class
6. Add any Product(s) to the Plan
7. Activate the Plan and Class
8. Enroll a Participant into 1 or more products, effective 1/1/2015
9. Notice that Activity Sequencing has processed all Enrollment activities, and that the Policy is now Active
10. Run Cycle to process the billing activities
11. Notice that Cycle processed the Billing Entries in the Policy, generated the bill, and advanced the date to 1/2/2015
12. Create a second Account, "Account #2"
13. Add a Personal-Individual Plan
14. Add a Personal Class
15. Add any Product(s) to the Plan
16. Activate the Plan and Class
17. Enroll a new Participant into 1 or more products of the second Account, effective 1/2/2015
18. Notice that Activity Sequencing has processed all Enrollment activities, and that the Policy is now Active
19. Run Cycle to process the billing activities
20. Notice that the Billing Entries activity is not processed by Cycle.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use cycle as expected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms