Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, RT - Rates, Pre-Production environment
A bill factor defined as a percentage and equal to 100% is used by the standard calc rule “Calculate Service Quantity” as a regular number of 100 instead of a percentage. So the result of the multiplication is wrong and is 100 times bigger.
When the percentage bill factor has 2 values to be applied on the bill period then the returned and used values are percentage type (as expected) even if the result returned by the calc rule is still wrong due to a second issue on the proration itself.
Therefore, there are 2 things to consider:
1) BF value is supposedly retrieved as is, meaning always as a numeric is not always true. Indeed, when there is one value, the BF value used is numeric (100) but when there are 2 BF values on the period the calculation uses percentage values 100% and 50% (business case 3 document).
2) The proration does not work properly because the system does not prorate on the correct period of time (it starts from the bseg start date instead of the bseg header start date)
When a regular Bill Factor with Value Type–Percentage that has a single value is referenced by a scalar variable on Calcul ate SQ calculation rule, the variable should be treated as percentage and not as a normal numeric value
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set Bill Factor – Unit Rate value type
2. Set Bill Factor – Percentage value type
3. Define Calculate Service Quantity calculation rule with a scalar variable referencing the bill factor
4. Define Rate Schedule. Ensure that the Calculate SQ calculation rule is on Pre-Processing Calculation Group
5. Run Rate Check
6. Expected Result: The Bill Factor – Percentage value type is to be evaluated as percentage value when used on formula.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms